TDA2030A is a well used class AB audio amplifier IC. TDA2030A amplifier circuit is mostly used in nowadays home theatre systems for it’s some good features.
- Small size IC(package PENTAWATT V, almost size of regular TO220)
- Maximum voltage range (upto 44Volts Vs MAx)
- Very low harmonic and cross-over distortion
- Suited for more reliable applications without regulated supply
- Up to 35 Watts RMS driver output
- Thermal shutdown protection
TDA2030A Amplifier Circuit
This amplifier circuit require less external components too, making it easier for a beginner to make this on Veroboard or Perf Board.
The original circuit I got from it’s datasheet. A little modified circuit below,
This can be operated with single supply line, but that topology gives less output power, hence this bi-voltage topology is used everywhere.
We need to provide +/- 12V to it. We can easily get +12V and -12V from a 12-0-12 CT step down transformer.
As this IC doesn’t require regulated supply, we can feed voltage directly to the TDA2030 amplifier from a rectifier with just a capacitor.
The filter capacitor is usually 1000 uF to 2200 uF, we can use even bigger capacitor for better results.
Well, the IC costs around 25 rupees, and together with all other materials as PCB, other parts the cost of final board doesn’t exceed 70-75 rupees.