Subwoofer Lowpass Filter circuit using uA741 Single Op-Amp Ic
This is the simplest DIY low pass filter for subwoofer using uA741 single op-amp ic. The circuit performs really well compared to it’s price. The cut off frequency of this circuit is 25Hz to 80Hz maximum.
Using this circuit , you can easily design a 2.1 Subwoofer and Speaker System at your home.
The circuit is commerially available in market, contains very few components. You can easily make one by following the instructions in this tutorial.
Subwoofer low pass filter schematic
The same circuit is working in my own hand made sub-woofer system. So Try this.
Below the part list of the diy low pass filter for subwoofer.
- R1,R3,R4 = 10K 1/4W
- R2=100K 1/4W
- CY1,CY2 = 0.22uF Polyester
- C1,C2 = 10uF/25V Electrolytic
- IC1 = uA741A Single Op-Amp Ic + 8 Pin Ic Socket
- 3 Pin Male & Female Connector x 2
- 2 Pin Male & Female Connector x 1
- PCB as in required size 4.5 cm x 3.4 cm