Above all this project is and will be an open source one. Anyone should be able to build it without violating any copyrights.
It has the following features
- Logs everything into attached SD card for data analysis in PC. A typical 1GB SD card can store years of data. Data is recorded in frequency of few seconds. Enough to plot a graph to analyze performance of short periods of ten minutes too.
- Keep track of the solar panel voltage, battery voltage, charge current and other parameters
- Keeps track of other data such as temperature, etc
- Can work without the LCD and still record information to the SD card and vice versa.
Since the project isn’t finalized yet and I’ve no releasable software package or firmware. I’m publishing the design files for this hardware revision as this same hardware will remain there for a quite long period.
Egale files of the current hardware OSSDAS HW v1
Things to be added in next hardware revision:
- CSA(Current Sense Amplifier) for current measurement to be able to measure small currents at good resolution.
- Still using no SMD components. Current design includes single SMD component that’s a L1117-3.3 regulator for providing 3.3V to the SD card.
- Integration of a charge controller hardware inside the PCB itself. For this I think the 80×100 sizelimit of eagle maybe an problem but probably SMD parts would be the only way then.
- An GSM modem inbuilt (SIM300/SIm900?) to send daily total power usage reports to owner’s cellphone as SMS. (Maybe the funniest idea)
I’m not releasing any software right now, but will so that soon once I get to a conclusion of the software.
Thank you for reading.
This project is similar to: